Sunday, March 1, 2009

"I stuck..."

This morning I was chatting with my husband while we were leisurely sipping bookstore coffee and planning for the day ahead I heard a distant "mama... I stuck!" The boys were playing independently in the same room with us- and my gaze was never far from them- so I was surprised when I looked around the room and the ever present Owen was missing... or was he? I could hear him- just couldn't see him. Then, peeking from over the corner of our monstrous sectional couch (where there is a gap between the wall and the rounded back of the couch) I saw a set of Owen eyes- somewhat desperate in their gaze. He repeated "Mama, I stuck!" and grunted a bit- half heartedly trying to pull himself from behind his stuck position between the wall and the couch. Like the obedient mama I am, I quickly ran to get him from behind the couch (Okay, it was after I ran to grab the camera- can't pass up a moment when Owen is not running by- making his image one big blur! Right?)




1 comment: