Tuesday, May 19, 2009

He's FREE!! (Almost)

Aidan had his post surgery appointment yesterday-and GOOD news- everything looks great- and he is free to be out of his brace except for nighttimes and naptimes (naptime... that's funny)- so I guess pretty much nighttime. He was also given the okay to walk... still limiting the running and jumping, high impact sort of stuff. Aidan was exhausted when we were leaving the hospital (it is a long day- x-rays/then the doctor/waiting rooms/etc. after our trip down)- so he didn't try walking right then. We stopped at a store on the way home for a break (it's a four hour trip each way) and Aidan walked for the first time in a LONG time without us saying "Aidan, get down... be careful...etc." He was grinning from ear to ear. I wish I had my camera. He is still pretty unsteady on his feet. Walks with a swagger. The doctor said he will loosen up pretty quickly. He said most kids with this condition are also pretty bendy/flexi so they loosen up well- just let him walk it off, pretty much. We don't have to go back for a follow up appointment for another four months! Hooray!
It has been too long since I have posted. I plan to get better at this again. I'm finding it harder to do being back to work full time- which is why I am posting this on my lunch hour!
We have also been busy having fun recently- visit from grandma/grandpa from Florida, great grandma's 80th birthday, friend's twins 5th birthday party/mother's day/birthday festivities... all of which I failed to take pictures for- ugh. I do have some very cute pictures of the boys that I want to get up here soon- so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. wahoo!! that's awesome! :) how nice that this is all dealt with before summer, and he'll be able to swim without dealing with a cast. very nice. :)

    also, happy belated birthday to you -- hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete