Saturday, February 21, 2009

"You're not daddy!!"

Aidan is a daddy's boy through and through. It didn't start out that way, when Aidan was a wee little one, daddy was not around as much as he wanted to be because of school (remember our Texas A & M adventure? and our resulting move back up to Michigan when I was staying in with my mom and David was staying in a hotel working at CMU during the week and visiting on the weekends?) Phew, glad that is over!

That is when Aidan's preferences changed... I started my current job and David quit his job after the distance was too hard, and moved back to the area. David was at home daddy for Aidan and Owen was not yet born. With my ever expanding pregnant belly and Aidan done breast feeding, David also took over the nighttime feeding/rocking to sleep routine. Aidan and daddy developed a very close relationship that continues to this day.

This was illustrated Friday. When we picked the boys up from daycare Aidan had just fallen asleep (he has been phasing out his naps- and still really needs them in my opinion). When we got home, he laid on David's lap and nodded off. David got up to cook dinner, and Aidan was upset. I offered to have him lay on my lap and he said, "No, you're not daddy!"

Here are some pictures of the best friends:

Playing video games

Talking before daddy goes to work Hugs... have a good day daddy! Aidan is giving David a butterfly kiss here.

No comments:

Post a Comment