Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We have a kindergartener!

With zero sleep and lots of apprehension (on my part)... we took Aidan to his first day of school today. Wow. We are very impressed with the organization of it all, and while I know I will carry my anxious mom tendency with me... I am feeling somewhat relieved after today. I think David was very glad that I wasn't the only camera toting mama. There were lots of pictures being snapped and kiddos obliging to their parents need to capture this moment. I made it all the way to the car before I burst into tears. David and I went to breakfast and then got coffee, had a relaxing morning while we waited for Aidan's first (shortened) day to be done.
Here is some proof of the day...

Aidan and daddy walking to the school.
With mom in front of the school sign.
We couldn't ask for a more perfect kindergarten teacher. She is definitely in the right job. She is part of the reason we are feeling so at ease.
I think this is the reason I cried as we left. He did have a moment when he looked at us like, "really? You are going to leave me here?" But that quickly passed (for him... not for me).
And getting off of the bus... he forgot his backpack until we reminded him... then his lunch box... he will get the hang of it though!
And, we made it! Even little brother did well with his brother's absence at day care. Day care lady said Owen seemed to enjoy the attention focused on him with the other kiddos there, rather then having to share attention with brother. Aidan got in the car with us and said, "Owen, I missed you today!" Owen said (very nonchalantly), "yeah, I was at Karen's!" Here begins a new chapter- that started out very well!

1 comment:

  1. Aidan is such a sweet boy - he looks so grown up with his backpack and lunch bag. If only he could be protected from the not so shiny parts of the world. But...not to worry - Aidan will handle challenges just fine - better than fine! Well done to a sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete