Monday, July 5, 2010

Missing Grandpa...

David's family has experienced a great deal of loss this year. Last week, David's grandpa Bill passed away. Grandpa left for out of state to stay with Uncle Jim/Aunt Kathy (whom he and grandma have always visited annually) the day after grandma Louise's funeral in October. He has not been healthy enough to return home.
Louise and Bill were such a faithful/loving couple. I remember the first time I met grandma and grandpa. I was so nervous... it was the first... maybe second time we met and David had spoken highly of his grandparents and I knew already they meant a lot to him. That was the night he announced our engagement to them! I was secretly hoping he would wait to tell them. David popped the question three short months after we started dating. I worried they would be critical and tell us we should take things more slowly. Instead, they advised us (I can't remember the exact words) to keep things fun and be nice and keep the love alive. I remember as we were leaving that night, grandpa said "come here Weegie" and pulled grandma down on his lap as she giggled. They were grandparents, and still really in love. :) I like to think of them re-joined now, healthy and happy.
I remember games with grandma and grandpa and David (pre-kids)... skip-bo/Rumikub. They were so funny- listening to their finely tuned and gentle banter between them. They are really a fine example of keeping love alive between them as well as sharing that love with their church and their family.
Here are a couple of pictures of grandpa Bill.







1 comment:

  1. wow, you guys have been hit hard by loss this year. i'm so sorry to hear it! my sympathies, thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

    ReplyDelete